Friday, January 1, 2010

Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium


We're back from our lovely Okinawa week. I'm sure we'll post a lot about our trip, but if you're a picture person you can see my pictures from the trip here.

On our second day we went to the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium. It's the second largest aquarium in the world, and one of only four aquariums that house whale sharks. The 1,981,290 gallon tank also holds the largest manta rays I've ever seen. It's been done a million times (and by people with better equipment), but here's a video I took of the tank:




2 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    Bill and I spent some more time on your photos and are in agreement that you're a fine photographer. We're hoping to see more. Also after having just seen, Up in the Air, we've also decided you're related to Vera Farmiga or at least as her character is made up in that film.
    Best to you and Greg,
    LaValle and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite badass... both your artistic vision and also I had no idea whale sharks existed in captivity.

    -Erik

    ReplyDelete