Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm not a pervert. I'm just a person who can understand your shirt.

Japanese camera phones have the unfortunate feature that you can't turn off the extremely loud fake camera shutter sound effect. I say this is unfortunate not because I want perverts to take up-skirt shots of me on the train (which is why the feature is required), but because it prevents me from serendipitously photographing the amazing t-shirts I see on a daily basis. My recent favorite was a teenage girl at summer camp whose shirt boldly declared "Let's be hippies! MARIJUANA," but this was replaced today by a woman's shirt bearing the words "Now that the kids are older, let's talk about duilding a new addition onto the house" in the spot American girls reserve for tramp stamps. Yes, I know that's a d.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what they had Steve do to the iPhone? The ringer switch turns mine into quite a stealth machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The iPhone here does indeed have a camera shutter sound you can't disable. Crafty folks have figured out how to get around it with jailbroken phones, though.

    ReplyDelete